Reinstatement medical examination after occupational accident
The employer has to arrange a reinstatement visit with the occupational physician when worker has stopped to work at least for 30 days due to workplace incidents. If during this reinstatement visit the occupational physician declares the employee unfit and redeployment turns out to be impossible, the employer may lay off the employee.
Arranging the medical examination
The employer has to contact the Occupational health service to book an appointment for this medical visit.
The medical examination of work’s resumption has to take place in 8 days which follow the resumption of the work.
The medical examination is necessary realized by the occupational health physician.
If the employee is cured, or strengthened without after-effects, he returns back to work,his normal work : occupational doctor declares he is fit to work.
In other cases the occupational doctor proposes a workstation layout to the employer. If a workstation layout is not possible, the employee will be dismissed for medical unfitness.
This medical examination takes place within one week and ends the suspension of the contract of employment.
You can also read the following posts :
- Pre-recruitment medical examination
- Reinstatement visit
- Optional medical examinations
- Administrative formalities for the employer in case of occupational accident
- Simple medical surveillance
- Strengthened medical supervision in case of exposure to specific occupational hazards
- Strengthened medical supervision in case of particular personal situations
- List of the French tables of occupational diseases (General Social security system)