Tasks of the health, safety and working conditions committee
The health, safety and working conditions committee is aimed first to help improve health and safety protection of employees, but also improve working conditions. The Committee shall be consulted before any changes in work organisation, reorganization of the premises, etc
The health, safety and working conditions committee ensures that legal requirements aare observed.
It helps improve health and safety protection of :
- company’s employees,
- temporary workers,
- contractor employees.
It has to lead actions to promote employee well-being
- Adapting workplaces : temperature, lighting, noise, etc
- Work organisation : workload,rate of work, etc
It has to review hazards on the job
- It contributes to the single document for the evaluation of occupational risks in the company.
The Committee shall be consulted by the employer
- For any change of the working conditions .
The health, safety and working conditions committee participates in the analysis of working conditions.
- It visits regularly the workshops, premises of the company
- It does investigations after occupational accident, occupational disease, repeated incident , etc
The committee is informed about all occupational accident.
Any member of the health, safety and working conditions committee seeing any serious and imminent danger shall immédiately notify the employer or his representative. This opinion shall be delivered in writing. The employer must immediately begin an investigation with the committee’s member and make necessary arrangements to effectively prevent the hazard in question.
You can also read the following posts :
- Composition of the company’s health, safety and working conditions committee
- Meetings of the health, safety and working conditions committee
- Occupational accidents