Severity rate for work-related accidents
The rate of severity ( rate of gravity) represents the number of days compensated for 1 000 worked hours, that is the number of days lost by temporary disability for 1 000 worked hours.
The rate of gravity of temporary disabilities is established as the number of days of temporary disability for 1 000 hours worked.
Calculation method for the severity rate for the occupational accidents :
Severity rate = number of days compensated x 1000 / number of worked hours
Calculation method for the number of worked hours :
you have to multiply Staff full-time equivalent of the company and the number of working hours made every year by a full-time person.
The severity rate is called in French “taux de gravité“.
You can also read the following posts :
- Occupational accident, commuting accident : definitions
- Frequency rate, frequency index for work-related accident
- Annual statistics of occupational accidents and occupational diseases in France
- Occupational accidents formalities
- Recognition and compensation of occupational accidents
- List of the French tables of occupational diseases ( General Social security system)