Pulmonary fibrosis recognised as an occupational disease
Fibrosis is always a scar resulting from aggression and it progresses then to a respiratory failure.
To be recognised as occupational disease, pulmonary fibrosis must be a diffuse pulmonary fibrosis with radiographic evidence , functional disorders and weight loss, fatigue. Fibrosis must be confirmed by spirometry
- Asbestosis :
Consequence of asbestos dust inhalation.
Then it progresses to a respiratoty failure
- Wood dusts
- Time limit compensation claim is : 1 year
- Time limit compensation claim is : 15years.
- Limitative list of tasks
- Hard metal components : second cause of fibrosis recognised as occupational disease.
- Dusts from sintered metals or fused containing cobalt.
- Time limit compensation claim is : 20 years.
You can also read the following posts :
- List of the French tables of occupational diseases ( General Social security system)
- Diseases of an occupational nature
- Definition of an occupational disease
- Description of a table of occupational disease
- Occupational disease compensation
- Professional redeployment after occupational disease
- Respiratory diseases recognised as occupational diseases