Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, COPD, recognised as an occupational disease
The chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases,COPD, combine chronic symptoms ( cough, dyspnea, , bronchial hyper secretion) and a bronchial obstruction. It will result in chronic respiratory failure. Some of them may be recognised as occupational diseases.
COPD : chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases
Table # 91, by coal miner, Table # 94,by iron miner
- The COPD combines chronic symptoms ( cough, dyspnea, bronchial hyper secretion)
and a bronchial obstruction,
with an expiratory volume in one second (FEV1) decreased by at least 30% compared with the average theoretical value , the day when the occupational illness is declared.
Such a decrease should be seen apart from acute episode.
- Time limit compensation claim : 10 years
- Duration of the exposure : 10 years.
Table # 90
- Inhalation of vegetable textile fibres.
- Obstructive airway with usually chest tightness when the exposure to risk has stopped since at least 36 hours and it happens again a few hours later following a repeat of the exposition ( byssinosis)
- Lung function test is necessary to prove that it is really the work which causes the COPD
- Time limit compensation claim : 7 days.
- Duration of the exposure : 5 years
Table # 33
- Beryllium and its compounds.
- Time limit compensation claim : 30 days
- Béryllium is often used in dental amalgams therefore the dental technicians are exposed, and also employees in jewellery .
You can also read the following posts :
- List of the French tables of occupational diseases ( General Social security system)
- Diseases of an occupational nature
- Definition of an occupational disease
- Description of a table of occupational disease
- Occupational disease compensation
- Professional redeployment after occupational disease
- Respiratory diseases recognised as occupational diseases